At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service ...
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, documentation, development, and testing of software solutions for new and existing networked medical devices and medical device data handling systems. In this role you will play a crucial role in the overall continued success and sustainability of our world-class operating room integration systems.
This role is considered Hybrid with the requirement to work onsite at our Point Richmond, CA office Tuesday-Thursday.
The Senior Software Engineer is also responsible for analyzing product/system-level requirements and translating them into software requirements, as well as the deployment and delivery of specific software features and functionality. Responsible for the software development efforts for a project to include task assignments to a development team and delivery on a project. Analyzes product/system-level requirements and translates them into software specifications. Other responsibilities and duties include, but not limited to:
- Contribute to cross functional project planning, development, and analysis of product requirements, and proposed solutions.
- Refine and refactor the software architecture based on the system architecture and new product requirements.
- Design, documents, implements, and maintains efficient, reusable, secure, and reliable software code according to corporate and department standards and procedures for new and sustaining engineering projects, maintaining code quality, organization, and automation.
- Createsoftware development process documentation, including requirements, design and interface specifications and verification documentation.
- Developtime and effort estimates for features and functions.
- Developand performs unit, integration, and/or system testing of applications as required.
- Participatein design reviews to identify issues and provides recommendations for enhancements.
- Workindependently on routine activities, issues, plans, and larger-scale designs.
Duties - cont'd
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Act as a mentor to junior engineers although not directly responsible for their management.
- Identifybottlenecks and bugs, and devises solutions to these problems.
- Review and resolvesoftware defect and change requests.
- Reviewand approveplans and detailed designs.
- Supportthe release of software for product.
- Performdesign transfer activities including supporting the customer-facing software implementation team with deploying and sustaining customized network and IT implementations.
Your expertise as Senior Software Engineer coupled with the following skills, and abilities will make you successful in this role.
What STERIS Offers:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar required, MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science preferred
- Experience in a Sr./Lead role with GUI and UI design - required.
- Experience creating automated tests - required.
- Working knowledge of hospital network systems and compliance and including Electronic Medical Records, HIPAA, HL7, PACS, DICOM, Vendor Neutral Archives, and VPN connections - preferred.
- Experience developing for mobile devices and the .NET Compact Framework - preferred.
- Experience in User Interface (UI)/Human Machine Interface (HMI) development is required, which may include HMI touch screens or Graphical UIs.
- Understanding of the usability / human factors - preferred,
- Experience using software integrated development environments (IDEs) and tools to include configuration management (version control), defect management, continuous integration, and code analysis tools - preferred.
- Experience with SW build/collaboration tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, and Jenkins is desired.
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker, Buildah, Podman, and Skopeo is desired.
- Experience with configuration management, continuous integration(CI), continuous deployment(CD), and automated code analysis tools is desired.
At Steris, we invest in our employees and their families for the long term! STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible people. We shares our success together with you by rewarding you for your hard work and achievements.
Here is just a brief overview of what we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Extensive Paid Time Off (18 days starting)and (9) added Holidays.
- Excellent healthcare, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Long/Short term disability coverage
- Parental Leave
- Additional add-on benefits/discounts for programs such as Pet Insurance
- Continued training and educations programs
- Excellent opportunities for advancement in a stable long-term career
- Hybrid working in select roles, teams, and functions.
Pay range for this exempt opportunity is$104,680.00-$140,920.50. This position is eligible for bonus participation.
Minimum pay rates offered will comply with county/city minimums, if higher than range listed. Pay rates are based on a number of factors, including but not limited to local labor market costs, years of relevant experience, education, professional certifications, foreign language fluency, etc.
STERIS is a leading global provider of products and services that support patient care with an emphasis on infection prevention. WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD by providing innovative healthcare, life sciences and dental products and services. STERIS is a $5 billion, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 17,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.