We are currently transitioning to a service oriented architecture and are looking for experts in building and managing APIs.
PeerStreet is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help advance the development and adoption of our technology as part of the Platform team.
The Platform team works on the technological and architectural evolution of PeerStreets overall system foundations. The team moves ahead of the entire engineering organization to research new approaches, introduce new technologies and provide software as a framework. The team's deliverables are consumed by other business focused teams as application SDKs and frameworks, system infrastructure and a documented knowledge base.
The Lender Experience team works on creating the best origination and funding experience for our lenders. The team builds software that helps both internal and external users manage the loan origination process and track the entire lifecycle of a loan.
The Financial Operations team works on our banking and transactions systems that move hundreds of millions of dollars monthly all while managing the vast complexity, integrations and various reporting needs. These systems handle all purchase, payment, draw, and distribution transactions at PeerStreet and are the foundation for both sides of the marketplace.
The Investor Experience team is responsible for creating a world-class experience for our investors, from initial investment to portfolio management.
The teams include product managers, designers, engineers, quality assurance and data, and we work closely with both our internal stakeholders and our customers to develop innovative solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Platform Team you are expected to:
- Contribute high quality code, design and technical input.
- Balance technical excellence and expedient business impact, and are comfortable making recommendations on "the right tool for the job" based on loosely defined requirements.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of building cloud-native services, data modeling and designing system architecture.
- Focus on the rapid delivery of high impact projects and tools that benefit other engineering teams which increase their productivity, in close collaboration with the team's tech lead.
- Demonstrate "ownership mentality" by being willing to step in at any point during the agile cycle to support Product and Design in their roles.
- Opportunities to own projects and mentor other team members will set you up for career advancement.
- BA/BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (ideal).
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Kafka.
- 2+ years of experience in building microservices.
- 2+ years of Go development experience.
- Strong foundation in object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Front-End development and frameworks.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship (H1B transfers okay).
- Open to remote US based applicants.
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. And we walk the walk, with company equity, unlimited PTO, full health coverage, company-wide celebrations (in and out of the office), and more. So join us at our sunny headquarters in El Segundo, CA, and help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.