ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions - a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for busi...
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions - a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
Are you excited about coding solutions, building features, and driving efficiency while working with an exceptional team? At ezCater we rely on our dynamic and skilled team of engineers to provide solutions that unlock potential and drive innovation in our rapidly evolving environment.
As we expand our team we're seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our team values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
As a member of our Orders Core Services (OCS) squad, you will play a pivotal role designing and building the foundation for our order management and financial systems here at ezCater. This is a high visibility team at the center of ezCater's core platform initiatives. You will have an opportunity to build our next generation Orders API, and partner with teams across Demand and Supply sides of the organization to fuel new growth, improved fulfillment experiences and partner integrations.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage Rails, GraphQL, and Kafka to build ezCater's next generation Order Management Systems.
- Bring your knowledge of distributed systems to build highly-scalable, fault-tolerant systems in a hybrid monolithic/microservices architecture.
- Partner with our data technology organization to enable detailed insight into every order, unlocking future roadmap opportunities across the org.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers and business stakeholders to understand the complex processes that drive order fulfillment.
- Make an impact working on projects that will drive growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction across ezCater.
- Improve performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature).
- Partner with fulfillment and customer care teams to improve the experience for customers, catering partners, delivery drivers, and customer support agents.
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You Have:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails.
- Deep knowledge of SQL / relational databases. Postgres? Even better.
- Experience designing and building large-scale systems.
- Extensive experience designing APIs and an understanding of API-first development.
- Desire to work on a backend-heavy platform team.
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $141,000 - $175,000 per year
Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you'll get from us:
You'll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You'll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life - of any age - who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you'll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you'll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you're in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.