We are currently transitioning to a service oriented architecture and are looking for experts in building and managing APIs.
PeerStreet is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help advance the development and adoption of our technology.
The Lender Experience team works on creating the best origination and funding experience for our lenders. The team builds software that helps both internal and external users manage the loan origination process and track the entire lifecycle of a loan.
The Financial Operations team works on our banking and transactions systems that move hundreds of millions of dollars monthly all while managing the vast complexity, integrations and various reporting needs. These systems handle all purchase, payment, draw, and distribution transactions at PeerStreet and are the foundation for both sides of the marketplace.
The Investor Experience team is responsible for creating a world-class experience for our investors, from initial investment to portfolio management. The system combines manual investment order management as well as a smart automated investment that executed according to investor’s preferences.
The teams include product managers, designers, engineers, quality assurance and data, and we work closely with both our internal stakeholders and our customers to develop innovative solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer on one of these teams you are expected to:
- Contribute high-quality code, design, and technical input.
- Balance technical excellence and expedient business impact and are comfortable making recommendations on "the right tool for the job" based on loosely defined requirements.
- Be a very knowledgeable engineer in the area of web services, database/data model design, and front-end development. You will be working hand in hand with product managers, QA, and fellow engineers to build out critical features for our platform to produce our software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building cloud-native services, data modeling, web services, front-end development, and designing system architecture.
- Focus on the rapid delivery of high impact projects and tools that benefit other engineering teams which increase their productivity, in close collaboration with the team's tech lead.
- Demonstrate "ownership mentality" by being willing to step in at any point during the agile cycle to support Product and Design in their roles.
- Opportunities to own projects and mentor other team members will set you up for career advancement.
- BA/BS, MS, or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of SW engineering experience (ideal)
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience using event-sourced architectures a strong plus
- Experience in Node.js, GO is an advantage
- Demonstrable breadth of knowledge of software development technologies.
- Strong foundation of object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Strong grasp of front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands the balance between business and maintainability making the right call most of the time.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tool for the job.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship (H1B transfers okay)
- Open to remote applicants.
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. Come help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.