We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build, improve and scale our internal runtime platform based on cu...
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us build, improve and scale our internal runtime platform based on cutting edge technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Hashicorps Consul and Vault. Additionally, youll be helping us build myriad monitoring, management and alerting systems, dashboards, tracking systems and myriad other tools. Our goals include improving Zendesk reliability, automating the operations side of software, and providing a self-service runtime platform for Zendesk product engineering to demonstrate.
What you get to everyday:
What you bring to the role:
- Work with an extremely hardworking and senior team of experienced engineers from diverse backgrounds and varied experiences.
- Design, code and deliver systems that integrate with Zendesk microservices to provide monitoring and management of the infrastructure services.
- Build and maintain tooling that integrates with open source version control, continuous integration, deployment management and container management systems.
- Interact with our top notch Compliance and Security teams to ensure the systems we build are reliable, SOC2 compliant and highly secure.
- Participate in a tightly knit, cohesive and self-organizing Scrum team.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing software with Ruby on Rails, Scala and/or GoLang.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with continuous integration and testing
- Strong ownership of your work, with an ability to see a project through from inception through to completion
- Care for best practices, high quality code, and proper test coverage. We ship code frequently and fast, but stability and reliability must never be compromised!
builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk
products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk
products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk
has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and were proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesks use of your personal information.