Seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack/Ruby on Rails to drive innovation and act in an influential role on our team to expand our products.
INTOO is a fast-growing HR technology solutions provider seeking a passionate, detail-oriented and driven Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack/Ruby on Rails to help drive innovation and act in an influential role on our team to expand our products. As a Software Engineer, you will work with product managers and other engineers to develop cloud-based solutions in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. As a senior member of the team, you will take ownership of individual projects while playing a key role in ensuring secure application development and improving overall application functionality and security. The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members as well as independently on a variety of projects both large and small. In addition to strong technical abilities, we are looking for teammates with enthusiasm for creating great products and great user experiences.
IDEAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Be a core member of an agile team supporting the latest development practices
- Independently manage development for individual projects including code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes
- Ability to understand complicated business requirements and turn them into software systems that are usable by our clients, maintainable by our entry-level engineers, and expandable in the future.
- Shared responsibility with other senior engineers to ensure 99.9% availability of INTOO’s infrastructure
- Responsive design and mobile development
- Knowledge and expertise in front-end frameworks and libraries
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, analysis and security of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Collaborate and communicate across the organization to define product needs and develop solutions to meet those needs
- Work collaboratively to define infrastructure requirements
- Implement unit testing for existing software components
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our tech systems to improve
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM/PROVEN EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 2-4 years of Ruby on Rails software development experience, preferably for complex web applications in an agile development environment
- Proven working experience in configuring & troubleshooting Linux based environments
- At least 2 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, RDS, Route53, Elasticsearch, Backup, etc)
- Rails application development skills
- Experience in development with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, Svelte, etc.
- Experience in administration and performance tuning application stack (e.g.: RDMS tuning, AWS resource allocation, etc.)
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum, etc.
- Hands-on experience in network security, database, and cloud services
- Understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements (SOC2, NIST, ISO 27001)
- Working knowledge of GIT
- MySQL Database experience
- Experience with monitoring and scanning systems (CloudWatch, OpenVAS, Tenable, Solarwinds, New Relic)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Solid team player
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience with SSO methodologies SAML, OAuth
- Experience with nosql database (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with WebRTC
- Additional language fluency (Italian, French, Spanish)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Medical, Vision, Dental and 401(k)
- Telemedicine and Well-Being Resources
- Generous Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
**FOR CALIFORNIA APPLICANTS** Here is a link to our California Privacy Notice for your review. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fDIZyiqiN0X8_qVv3-lcR6PlboAdOhtx/view?usp=sharing”
Our Values include SPEED/INNOVATION/COLLABORATION/CARING
Develop careers. Nurture your talent.
At INTOO, our Global Outplacement Practice flagship for Gi Group Holding, we believe developing the careers of people is what ultimately drives the success of our business. We take a long-term view of careers and help people identify what success looks like now and in the future.
We know that helping individuals find the right career path is about developing a positive mindset, building confidence, and giving people control over their own choices. That’s why we take the time to understand every candidate’s priorities and career aspirations before providing bespoke outplacement and career coaching support along with expert advice, tools, and guidance to help them quickly reconnect with their chosen career.
Being part of the team
Our team supports workforce transformation by helping candidates become the best version of themselves and providing them with the skills they need to be employable.
Join us and you can make a real difference by designing and delivering hi-touch, customized solutions for business leaders, managers and employees that help enhance their performance and careers. Together, we can show employees how to take ownership of their development and create an empowered workforce that’s ready for the future. #changelives #morethanwork
Learn more by visiting www.intoo.com and follow us on social.
INTOO is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.