Entirely remote flexible schedule full-stack Rails position. Includes salary, bonus, equity and full benefits. Must be based in the USA or Canada.
LitCharts, a Course Hero company, is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer with a passion for building full-stack web applications as part of a small entirely remote team that builds educational products for millions of readers around the world.
You’ll be responsible for projects that span across LitCharts and CliffsNotes (another Course Hero company), like building out features that enhance the product, improving user and subscription sign-up flows, maintaining our payment processing platform, all while collaborating with our product and design teams to build the world's best customer-centric literary resource on the web. To be successful you must be passionate about building and scaling our platform while being able to work independently, mentor others, and understand our business needs.
This is a full-time role 100% Remote for US & Canada! Some additional geographical constraints apply.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Improve our uptime, reliability, performance, and security
- Implement projects that range from backend to frontend and everything in between.
- Maintain and improve our codebase
- Add to the growth and success of the best literary resource on the web.
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer?
- 3+ years of experience working with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, React, jQuery, SCSS, Haml, Git, Webpack, Heroku, and AWS
- Experience building backend systems and adaptable frontends with a focus on cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- Ability to work remotely as part of a small team as well as take ownership of projects with minimal guidance
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and your own abilities
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback
- Passion for and/or experience with education, education technology, and/or literature
LitCharts, a Course Hero company, is working to make literature more accessible to readers at every level. More than 50 million students, teachers, parents, and general-interest readers turn to LitCharts to get everything they need for everything they read. In creating LitCharts, the co-founders tapped into their experience as the original editors of SparkNotes to take a totally new approach to analyzing and explaining literature. Using side-by-side summaries, theme analysis, and interactive data visualizations, LitCharts helps teachers teach literature and helps students learn it.
We’re committed to creating an encouraging work environment that values each team member. Being part of LitCharts means:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Equity (RSUs)
- Healthcare coverage
- 401k with matching
- 100% remote work
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly team meetups (post-pandemic)
- Learning and professional development resources
We’re a small remote team, and the code you write will have a direct impact on our success. We work flexible hours but typically stick to 9am-5pm EST and are looking for someone able to do the same.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.