ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and fl...
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
As a Senior Software Engineer for the Caterer Partner Core Experience team, you will work on the team that plays a pivotal role in improving and building new tools to help restaurants grow their catering business on our marketplace.
What You'll Do:
- Join a team that is focused on delighting our catering partners, executing the organization's mission, and propelling our business forward. Build products utilizing Ruby on Rails, React (utilizing TypeScript) and GraphQL.
- Work closely with product and design to ensure we build the right things the right way
- Decompose problems, design technical solutions and work with other talented engineers to implement, test, and evaluate your team's work.
- Improve the performance of our APIs globally - with clever query planning, caching systems, and maybe even the odd Object Relational Mapping (ORM) or database improvement
- Help raise the technical skills for our engineers through cross-squad initiatives, presentations, and shared documentation
- Implements features with security, data modeling and performance implications in mind
- Communicate with your team to ensure mission clarity, and provide technical direction.
- Improve our user experience by increasing the capability and efficiency of our systems and products; based on research, data and metrics.
- Share ideas for improving the product, technology and/or process.
- Operate with scale and speed embracing new challenges and contributing to the development lifecycle.
- Participate in code reviews to highlight and suggest improvements
- Participate in team ceremonies such as scrum, retrospectives and refinement sessions
- Have fun building meaningful software with awesome people.
What You Have:
- Professional software development experience, ideally using Ruby on Rails.
- An appetite for learning, experimentation, relentless curiosity and an ability to leverage what you learn to make our products better.
- A thirst for personal and professional growth.
- A friendly, flexible, and pragmatic disposition.
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $141,000 - $175,000 .
Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What You'll Get from Us:
You'll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You'll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life - of any age - who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you'll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you'll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you're in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.