We are looking for a senior software engineer (C++) that will be responsible for writing and maintaining software critical to our manufacturing.
We created Sticker Mule to be the best place to work and shop. That means making ordering fast, simple and fun while creating a stable, low stress and enjoyable place for talented people to work.
We're searching for more to join us as we look to build one of the Internet's best technical teams. Some of our current projects include migrating to a service architecture, inter-service communication with GCloud PubSub and GRPC, API Gateway based GraphQL, event sourcing persistence and CQRS, and manufacturing and artwork processing automation.
Why we enjoy working here
1. We work flexible hours with an asynchronous culture.
2. We work at a sustainable pace without unreasonable external deadlines.
3. Varied, interesting technical challenges to work on.
4. Opportunities to make a large impact as part of a small, highly motivated team.
Our tech stack
1. Backend: Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Go
2. DB: Aurora/Mysql, Postgres, Redis
3. Frontend: React, Redux, Webpack
4. APIS: GraphQL, GRPC, GCloud PubSub
5. AWS, migrating to Gcloud
6. Docker, Kubernetes
What you'll do
1. You’ll be responsible for writing and maintaining software critical to our automated manufacturing process
2. Continually seek ways to optimize those processes.
3. Write clean, performant code in accordance with our team’s code style guidelines.
4. Work to improve and maintain the code health of all our software.
5. Collaborate with other developers, team leads and stakeholders to ensure that we’re always building the optimal solution.
6. Participate in peer code reviews.
7. Share expertise with other members of the team, mentor junior developers.
8. Spend some time on-site at our factory to learn about software requirements and maintain existing software.
1. You have a minimum of 3 years professional software development experience.
2. You’re highly competent in multiple general purpose languages. C++ and Ruby would be especially beneficial.
3. You’re confident in mathematics relevant to computer graphics.
4. Experience with the following would be highly beneficial.
-Printing and related issues like color management.
-Vector and raster graphics generation and manipulation.
5. Familiarity with QT would be beneficial.
6. You are experienced in using and building web services.
7. You possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
8. You have great written and verbal communication skills in English.
1. $90,000-$115,000+ depending on experience
2. Signing bonus
3. 28 days vacation
1. This position requires regular visits to our manufacturing facilities in upstate NY.
2. Must be located within reasonable travel distance to upstate NY or Pisa, Italy.
2. Applicants will be sent a Hackerrank test within 1-2 business days of applying.
3. Test must be completed within 5 business days.