About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is expanding our product engineering team and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to keep our product moving forward with beautiful and clean code.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing tech-enabled services company that is well-positioned to grow further onto the international stage.
Reports to: Engineering Director
On a daily basis, works closely with: Product team, and cross functional with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- Enthusiasm for our purpose: To be the most helpful creative company in the world.
- 6+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure) and analytics products (e.g., Looker, Pendo, Amplitude).
- Interest in new technologies such as Elixir or Golang.
- Proven track record of building highly available, scalable, and sustainable products; passionate about the products you build, how they look, how they feel, and how they perform.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills - we’re a remote first company so effective communication is vital.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
Other qualities we are looking for include:
- An astute eye for process improvements
- Proven track record of building and/or improving company culture.
- Exceptional written communication - we’re a remote first company so effective communication is vital
- Familiarity with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS™).
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you’re walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what’s expected:
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, and other teams in an agile environment to ensure smooth delivery and execution of projects.
- Provide technical leadership and help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Experiment and drive a/b testing, associated metrics for success and helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Receive close guidance and mentorship from engineering and product leaders, as well as code reviews from peers.
- Build and improve our company culture.
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer multiple medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Employee Navigator.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym with Peloton studio available for any pickles to use!
Life changing massage chair: We change lives through creativity...and massages. Our team has traveled far and wide to take advantage of a life changing massage chair that is housed in our Company Hub. One massage is all it will take to radically transform your life.
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we’re building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the leading flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
You can learn more about our company, our vision, and what we stand for on our website and social channels. We can’t wait to meet you—thank you in advance for your application!