Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellist’s outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year – Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie – Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).
Wellist is inventing the next phase of our product focused on improved patient experience. We have many technical and product opportunities, and we’re looking for great engineers to help us define what is possible and lead our team in delivery. Help us build our products by contributing to the API (Ruby on Rails) and web frontend (js/es6 react/redux) development. Collaborate with all product stakeholders to deliver high-quality, scalable code through agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Mentor junior staff and help us to continue a culture of constant professional development and growth.
The right candidate will be someone who loves building software, loves our mission, and wants to make a real impact on the development of products that help people get well. You will have something to teach us. You will be excited about building the craft of software development, and about working with a team of collaborators who teach and learn together. This is not a “sink or swim” environment.
- You want to use software to help people
- You want to work on a small (but growing) team that uses mature software practices
- Promote a culture of quality within your team, while still being willing to take help
- Identify, get buy in for and implement best practices for quality and efficient engineering
- Encourage professional development and growth, both for you and your team
You have ample, relevant experience
4+ years of relevant technical experience with a track record of success (e.g. building complex, algorithm-driven back-end services; designing and implementing elegant and robust web service APIs)
You can support the team with full-stack development and devops
Competence with modern front-end toolkits, such as backbone, angular, ember, or react; and Ruby on Rails (which powers our API).
You know the technology that powers our ability to serve our patients and caregivers
You have experience with AWS and can keenly and quickly troubleshoot issues or improve upon the current system. Ideally you are familiar with Kubernetes.
You continue to learn
You are passionate about keeping up to date with industry trends and use this knowledge to move forward your software projects and to challenge standing assumptions.
You think that quality matters
Quality is important to you, and you have developed personal practices to help you achieve a high standard for quality.
You care about the product
You are experienced interpreting product requirements to understand feasibility and, and work collaboratively with our product stakeholders to achieve underlying goals. Additionally, you’ll form an opinion on our product, and know how to communicate with your teammates about those opinions: Strong opinions, weakly held.
Wellist Cultural Competencies
- Refreshing: You bring an upbeat “can-do” attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
- Empathetic: You understand others’ experiences and emotions. You act with kindness, compassion and respect
- Empowering: You take accountability for helping others succeed. You can coach and develop others at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy: You speak truthfully and act with integrity. You make, and follow through on commitments, honoring deadlines.
- Adaptable: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change