Red Nova Labs is seeking Ruby developers to join our talented and growing engineering team. Top candidates are seasoned Ruby developers who ...
Red Nova Labs is seeking Ruby developers to join our talented and growing engineering team. Top candidates are seasoned Ruby developers who desire a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, and those who have a high focus on producing robust, functional and intuitive software. The developers will play a crucial role in building and scaling our industry leading platform, storEDGE. Instead of sitting through formal conference room training, you're trusted enough to pull down repositories on day one. At the end of the day, we pride ourselves on providing fast, reliable service to millions of visitors and push updates to hundreds of servers multiple times a day because we believe our team can do anything.
* Be a key contributor to our cloud-based platforms and APIs
* Work with internal teams on building our high-performance and high-availability platform by utilizing open-source technologies
* Build applications that focus on great user experience
* Write maintainable code with extensive tests and version control
* Bachelor's degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
* 3-5 years professional work experience in software development
* 1-2 years experience with either Ruby on Rails or Node.js
* Ability to code at all levels of a web application stack (or are ready to learn it quickly)
* Experience with databases (MYSQL, Postgres, etc.)
* Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
* Experience designing and building mission-critical services
* Focus on continuous improvement and can describe the approaches you have taken
* Hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble - you get things done
* Willingness to dive in with our most tenured/senior developers on day one
* Expertise in one or more of HTTP, REST, GraphQL, and service-oriented architectures
* Ability to help develop automated deployment scripts with tools like Ansible, Terraform, etc...
* Experience using test-driven development and writing accurate tests
* Competitive salary
* Relocation assistance
* 401K matching
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Generous vacation policy
* Unlimited coffee, tea, soda, Red Bull, Gatorade, and snacks
* Cubicle-free space, in-house barista, weekly catered lunches, full kitchen access, ping pong, foosball, company kickball team, regular social events, must we continue?
* Submit your resume online at jobs.rednovalabs.com
* Cover letter and Github account are a plus
About Red Nova Labs
Red Nova Labs is a KC tech company founded in 2009. We sell a suite of products under the alias storEDGE to the self storage industry. That's right, we make software and websites (and other cool services) for those physical buildings of units you store extra belongings in. We have an environment that allows every employee to help develop ideas and contribute to the company's growth. By creating this collaborative network, everyone has an opportunity to make an impact on what we accomplish.Our standards are still high, we're filled with talent, and there are plenty of problems to be solved. Check us out: rednovalabs.com, storEDGE.com.
Red Nova Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See us in action on Facebook (facebook.com/RedNovaLabs).