Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated traini...
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the worlds most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at .
This is a role that will be supporting the greater Appen team in the SF Bay Area. Our team is located in the Bay Area, but you will have the opportunity of working with other Appen team-members located in our Shanghai and Sydney offices. If you are looking to make a huge impact to the AI world and rise with a leading data company that has a start-up culture as we continue to grow, Appen is the place for you.
- Build Appens client-facing tools, including self-serving APIs, dashboards, and reports.
- Create prototypes, MVP and production software.
- Technical input for new and existing product initiatives, assist with the definition of product direction.
- Define, design, troubleshoot, and debug complex, multi-tier distributed software applications.
- Work with managers, engineers, product management and the Operations team to design and implement application features.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes.
- Support product in a production environment on AWS.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
- 5+ years work experience in the software development area with at least 3+ years of Ruby experience.
- Strong technical acumen with a big data platform (relational, non-relational, batch, real-time).
- Experience with Ruby, JS, SQL, HTML/CSS, Rest, AWS, SOA.
- Full-stack engineer who can also work on frontend development as well as web services.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven results-oriented professional with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high-quality environment.
- Strong communication skills in oral and written English.
- A love for creating awesome user experiences