Description Pearson VUE (www. pearsonvue. com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, governme...
Description Pearson VUE (www. pearsonvue. com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Online Proctored team is a collaborative, entrepreneurial and high-energy team that operates like a startup within the larger company of Pearson, Inc. We re looking for the right person to help us tackle our new project and some interesting problems:
1) Incorporating new and maturing AI technologies into our product
2) Moving to modern web technology (Angular 6, WebRTC)
3) Reliability and connectivity as we scale globally.
- Design and implement clean and scalable APIs and data models.
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, and maintenance of systems
- Work with our amazing QA as needed on automated testing.
- Ensure code quality with the team (rspec, code reviews)
- And, of course code!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or combined relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 5 years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools.
- Willingness to learn some or all of the technologies listed in this posting!
Experience with some or all of the following tools is considered a bonus:
- Familiarity with Docker and Docker-machine environments
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure & CI/CD Experience
- CI experience (Teamcity, jenkins)
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Database/key-value store technologies (Redis, Mysql) experience