DRINKS is a top-five US Direct to Consumer (DTC) marketing technology company that manages wine brands. The Company is led by an entrepreneu...
DRINKS is a top-five US Direct to Consumer (DTC) marketing technology company that manages wine brands. The Company is led by an entrepreneurial team of marketing technology, data science, DTC, and M&A experts with several successful exits. DRINKS operates in a compelling market: a $62B industry virtually untouched by the Internet, though that is now changing quickly.
To help us build the next generation of online and mobile wine stores that will be used by tens of millions of people, we're on a relentless hunt for a superb Ruby on Rails Engineer who shares our passion for building cutting-edge experiences to transform how people buy wine.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience with Rails 4 conventions, e.g. organization, asset pipeline, etc.
- Strong experience developing and integrating Rails Engines
- Strong experience with TDD and RSpec
- Strong experience with Git, Jira, and team-based development concepts and tools
- Experience developing on ecommerce platforms and/or using Elasticsearch are a big plus
- Experience developing with VM/CM tools, e.g. Vagrant, Ansible, are a major plus
- Experience with applications deployed to the AWS ecosystem are a plus
- Must be a collaborative team player who can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment (startup experience is a plus)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Architect, build, and maintain efficient, extendable, and reliable codebase
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to integrate backend API services with front-end code
- Review the code of fellow engineers via pull requests
- Identify bugs and inefficiencies in code and help come up with solutions to address these issues
- Contribute to code quality, organization and best practices
Complete benefit packaging including an unlimited vacation plan, generous healthcare plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, dog friendly office, gym membership within the building, and covered garage parking. Plus, we cater lunch weekly, host wine tastings, and provide leading-edge technology tools.