Blue Bottle is on a mission to bring delicious coffee to everyone who asks for it. Our engineering systems team is in search of a senior-lev...
Blue Bottle is on a mission to bring delicious coffee to everyone who asks for it. Our engineering systems team is in search of a senior-level, permanent or contract, server-side engineer primarily working with Ruby on Rails.
This full-time position is based in Oakland, CA.
- Design, implement and support applications needed by our internal business teams such as ETL, data warehouse and Ordering Platform (tools for stores to fulfill orders, etc)
- Integrate with SaaS platforms: SaaS vendors include Square POS, Netsuite ERP, 3rd party logistics providers, payment processing, HR information systems, and coffee roast management
- Work with a talented team of engineers, designers, product managers, and business leaders
- An excellent communicator
- A team player, comfortable working as part of a group, willing to share knowledge and help others, while open to learning from others
- A self starter
- Able to take over someone else s code and re-factor effectively when needed
- Good at debugging complex integrations
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering work experience
- Detailed knowledge of RoR
- 3-4 years experience developing applications that involve integration with web services, both SOAP and REST
- Experience with Netsuite SOAP API or Go is a plus
A few benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for all full time employees and their dependents starting on their first day of work
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on Blue Bottle food, merchandise, and other items such as additional bags of beans
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a job s requirements, our business s needs, and an applicant s qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at com.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with employees Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U. S. We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.