Senior ruby on rails developer needed to build education product for students in middle/high schools.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer passionate about writing elegant code to join our engineering team remotely.
You will work on building a digital education platform that will help students across the US and the world with their interpersonal skills and mental health.
- Develop robust, scalable, and secure features
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Lead technical design discussions
- DB design/changes
- Conduct code reviews with other developers
- Analyze, debug, and resolve support issues
Skills + Experience
- 5+ years experience building web-based applications
- Experience coding with SQL back-ends, including Postgres
- Experience of version control using Git including clone, checkout, push, pull, merge, etc.
- Experience with a popular server technology like Heroku or AWS
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Agile software methodology experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Experience building SaaS or EdTech products
- Knowledge in Rails caching strategies
- Experience with transactional email systems (e.g. sendgrid)
- Experience working at startups.
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. This role is remote, but requires you to be available for calls for at least 4 hours between 9am-5pm US Central Time.