Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer into a full-time engineering position. You will be a key member...
Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer into a full-time engineering position. You will be a key member of the technology team driving a rapidly growing e-commerce platform. You will work directly with business stakeholders to understand functional requirements and be responsible for feature implementations and quality releases on a Ruby on Rails platform on AWS.
- Experienced full lifecycle software developer mastering design, architecture, implementation, production, and post-production
- Making smart technical decisions, understanding tradeoffs and can provides different solutions
- Partners with business stakeholders in self-organizing teams to architect, design, develop and launch new features while supporting existing applications
- Defines best practices, tools, and techniques to enable standardization, and to raise quality and maintainability of web-application and ecosystem components
- Works independently as well as collaborates with on-site and remote teams as necessary to drive results
- Performs platform performance reviews and performance optimization on all tiers as needed
- Conducts peer review of code and technical designs
- A Bachelor's Degree in technology major or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant software development experience
- Strong experience with Rails (5.0) and functional programming with Ruby
- Strong experience with MongoDB, Redis, AWS, OpsWorks
- Strong experience with Pub/Sub (Sidekiq preferred)
- Strong experience with Search technologies (ElasticSearch preferred)
- Strong experience developing on ecommerce platforms such as WebLinc is a major plus
- Strong experience with Git
- Familiarity with frontend concerns (DOM, HTML5/CSS3, Ajax)
- Experience scaling high traffic websites (architecture/database)
This is a full-time position. No C2C, please.
US Citizen or GC only. This client does not transfer or sponsor Visa of any kind.