100% REMOTE - Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer needed for leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. ...
100% REMOTE - Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer needed for leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. This is a full-time, fully remote opportunity that pays $130K-$160K base salary depending on experience.
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Patrick Murray
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 - $160,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. We are used by 1000+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools across the country. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have pursued sustainable growth ever since!
We have a flexible, entrepreneurial environment which allows our employees to do their best work and achieve the professional growth that they have always wanted. We invest in our team and we pride ourselves on meeting specialized needs for every market, focusing on quality and reliability.
Interested? Great! Feel free to apply to the Senior Ruby Developer position ASAP! Even if you do not fit all of the criteria for the Senior Ruby Engineer opening, we encourage you to apply anyway as we love speaking with talented people!
Why join us?
Senior Software Engineer / Senior Software Developer Compensation Package:
- $130,000 to $160,000 Base Salary
- 100% Remote Work
- 10-15% Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 401(k) Match
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Accelerated Career Growth
- Full-Time Position, Growing Company
- Modern Work Environment
- State of the Art Technology
Responsibilities for the Senior Ruby on Rails Software Developer / Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer will include:
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on the full stack, from UI elements to database performance.
- Building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, testing, and supporting in production.
- Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base.
- Participating in the 24/7 oncall rotation
Key attributes that may assist in your success:
- Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
- Experience balancing swift and long-term code maintainability.
Helpful - but not required, skills:
- Deep expertise with Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Postgres database administration.
- Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
- Operations experience and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues.
- Experience working on a fundraising/crowdfunding platform.
- Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
- A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.