Harvard-incubated and based in Westborough, MA, Experfy is the largest on-demand consulting marketplace for emerging technologies. Experfy o...
Harvard-incubated and based in Westborough, MA, Experfy is the largest on-demand consulting marketplace for emerging technologies. Experfy offers a very unique proposition - In addition to consulting, we also run a corporate education platform for emerging technologies, such as AI, Big Data, Analytics, Internet of Things, Cloud, Security, Mobility, Virtual Reality and more.
In this role, you will be assisting us with supporting the Experfy platform to develop cutting-edge applications centered on Future of Work. You will work in an Agile software environment on front end and back end technologies, and will get to see a product developed from an idea to launch and beyond. This position has a fast path to a technical leadership role, so you should be ready to assume more responsibilities.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Master's degree in Computer Science a plus
- provided by Dice