Do you like to break stuff only for the purpose of putting it back together and discovering how it works? Are you passionate about coding an...
Do you like to break stuff only for the purpose of putting it back together and discovering how it works? Are you passionate about coding and growing your skill set with like-minded people? Do you find fulfillment in creative problem-solving to improve the overall "big picture"? How about having in-depth, probing conversations around Ruby on Rails development projects? If this paragraph has you looking over your shoulder to see if we're watching you, keep reading. We may have the right work environment and job for you!
N2 is seeking a skilled senior-level Ruby on Rails Web Developer with a passionate, positive attitude and an impressive work ethic to contribute to our fast-growing technology team. The successful candidate can work remotely from their home base in the U.S. or relocate to beautiful coastal Wilmington, North Carolina, to work at our Home Office (which is filled with some pretty cool people, if we do say so ourselves).
Brass tacks: As an experienced, talented web developer, you probably have your pick of future employers. So why choose N2? We're glad you asked. N2 has an award-winning company culture and we work for a purpose greater than ourselves with our giving program, N2GIVES.
In a typical day as a Ruby on Rails Web Developer, you would:
To land this gig, you need:
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient Ruby code using best software development practices.
- Develop software solutions and features to solve business problems.
- Create site layout / user interface by using standard HTML / CSS practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Provide input on, as well as options and recommendations for, software features and system enhancements.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
It's not required, but we'd love it if you also have:
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- The ability to demonstrate experience and proficiency in reading, writing, and reviewing Ruby on Rails code.
- An in-depth understanding of how web applications work - including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Full working knowledge of MVC application architecture.
- Comprehensive understanding of relational database systems, object-oriented programming, and web application development.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A team player attitude with a desire to be part of an organization making a difference in people's lives.
- A 4-year degree in a computer science-related discipline or a relevant degree.
About our culture: At N2, our team is made up of emotionally healthy people who genuinely enjoy working together in positions they are passionate about. We do this in a drama-free work culture built on trust, respect, and humility. We promote based on consistent, quality performance, and we intentionally nurture our team members' professional development because we promote from within every chance we get. Our culture is more important to us than our product, though we take a tremendous amount of pride in both.
Maybe you're thinking, "Every company says that kind of thing." We get it. So check out what others are saying about us:
If all this isn't enough to excite you, here are some benefits we offer:
- Inc. 5000: Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. (8x winner)
- Glassdoor: Best Places to Work
- Fortune: Best Place to Work for Recent College Grads, Women, Millennials, and Flexibility
- Fortune: Best Place to Work - Medium-Size Businesses
- Entrepreneur: Top Company Culture (2x winner)
- Outside: Best Place to Work (3x winner)
- Stevie Awards: Employer of the Year, Media & Entertainment
- Competitive compensation with growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off, including two weeks at the end of the year - you read that right; it's our "Holiday Break" and it's wonderful!
- A full benefits package with an employer contribution to the medical premium
- A 401(k) retirement plan with a Safe Harbor match fully vested from the first day you're eligible, plus free financial planning services
- Family-focused benefits, including parental leave, Parent Support Group, flexible scheduling, and a yearly marriage stipend
- Professional development opportunities through Lunch & Learns
- First-Time Homebuyer Program for mortgage assistance for eligible team members
- Free, unlimited access to daily in-person or (if you work remote) simulcasted fitness classes and a nutritionist
We're looking to fill this position soon, with interviews beginning immediately. If this sounds like your idea of a great work environment, then what are you waiting for? Apply today at application.n2pub.com! N2 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, N2 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.