Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developi...
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
This role is within Reliabiity Engineering developing several applications for our internal and external customers. The role will be to develop and support our junior developers on multiple application in support of our Automation Lead.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Ruby programming language
- Ability to create, execute from and to maintain detailed functional and technical specifications such as use cases, object models, screen specifications, and database designs.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle process using various methodologies
- Develop enterprise web application, as well as all Back End items
- This position is a Ruby developer developing apis, other system apis to support variety of projects.
- Focus here is Ruby Developer with Ruby on Rails experience and good expert ability to work with apis and other web aps as a front and Back End developer.
- 3 - 5 years experience managing additional software engineers, including performaing task planning with project managers and code reviews.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovate and fast-paced environment
- Skiled in implementing automation using Ansible, Puppet, Knife, Ruby, bash, scriptin, python, powershell to perform day-to-day functions
- Strong in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Candidate should be a full stack developer, with experience programming in client side and server side languages using Object Oriented concepts.
- Responsible for the working of all modules, features, bugs in the application
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers
- Exhibits a well-rounded understanding of the Ruby ecosystem while suggesting better approaches to solving problems
- Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software development
- Oversees testing and develops fixes with offshore development teams
- Experience with working with international teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Certified Ruby Programmer is a plus
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer