The Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer will own and evolve the eCommerce applications and marketplace platform. Building robust and scalable softwar...
The Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer will own and evolve the eCommerce applications and marketplace platform. Building robust and scalable software in multiple modern object-oriented and functional languages.
- Design and develop critical features for shopping platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, execute and ship new features.
- Lead both onshore and offshore resources to achieve development objectives.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the high availability and scalability of the applications.
- Continuously research, evaluate, and implement new tools and approaches to maximize development efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience developing highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience with eCommerce and customer shopping experiences required.
- Experienced in Ruby, Rails and AWS (EC2, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, OpsWorks)
- Advocate for Test-Driven Development and building reliable, maintainable code.
- Solid understanding of agile and iterative development methodologies.
- Experience building APIs using REST or GraphQL
- Desire to learn other technology stacks such as Elixir/Phoenix
- provided by Dice Ruby, Rails, AWS (EC2, SQS, RDS, ElastiCache, OpsWorks)