Distiller is looking for talented engineers to drive major development initiatives across a variety of platforms including ...
Distiller is looking for talented engineers to drive major development initiatives across a variety of platforms including iOS, Android, and Web. You will work on an award-winning product that people use to discover distilled spirits. We are an ever growing platform with lots of opportunity to take on new projects and features, learn useful new skills, and be a large part of feature planning.
We are a fast moving shop with a continuous delivery pipeline. Perks include fun experiences like in-office tastings and visits from brand ambassadors, as well as occasional admission to film screenings and concerts (we share space with a record label and film production company). If you love code, cool projects, working on a small team and having the ability to influence the direction your project is heading, this could be the best position on Earth!
You will be building services to feed data from the distiller.com back end to a variety of clients on both web and mobile platforms, designing new features, maintaining and defining updates to our central datastore, and working on improving our continuous integration flow. Your services will be feeding clients so some understanding of client data consumption patterns is a must. You will also have the opportunity to work on client UI occasionally and participate in front end design sessions.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and common TDD libraries like RSpec
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to implement test automation
- Some experience with Continuous Integration options
Familiarity with some of the following technologies
- Heroku/Azure/AWS or other cloud platform
- Full-Stack web development
- Additional Ideal Skills
Interest and some knowledge of whiskey and craft spirits
- Ability to help design new UI and features for releases
- Ability to drive new features from initial concept, through design, development, and testing into release
- A desire to work on a fast-growing platform with modern UI and modern tools
- Some mobile or client development experience
- A desire to develop some basic mobile development skills