Senior Ruby on Rails (ROR) Developer
At springbig, our mission is to be the best platform that allows dispensary owners and producers to understand and communicate with their customers. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company that is focused on providing loyalty and communications to cannabis industry worldwide.
Our team boasts a combination of some of the most accomplished and experienced titans of the tech and marketing space, as well the most talented young minds in the industry. We found business owners in the cannabis industry to be underserved and in most cases ignored, so we designed our platform to give dispensaries and producers the most innovative tools in marketing and we never stop innovating.
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country. You may work remotely if you are located outside of South Florida (Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties).
What will I be working on?
As a Senior ROR Developer, youll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to its front-end. As a part of the development team, youll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, take the lead on building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional software development experience in ROR
- Significant experience building web applications that have shipped
- You are comfortable managing other developers and conducting code reviews
- Experience working with Rails, CoffeeScript, Sass, Rspec/Capybara, Slim, MySQL and Git in a team environment
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code
Preferred Experiences: AWS Kinesis, Athena, API Gateway, Vue or other JS frameworks
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, development and delivery of database solutions, back end applications, process, and APIs
- Implement the integration with external APIs and data providers.
- Design, develop, and deploy the APIs to integrate across multiple new and existing business applications.
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Coordinate the development with other technology platforms.
- Design the database schemas.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- Refactoring, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Implement automated tests.
- Continuous interaction with Team members via Jira, Confluence and other tools
Our current stack: Rails, Backbone.js, RSpec, AWS
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
Were especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to just ship it.
Whats it like to work at springbig?
Its awesome! Were a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
Choose your own equipment
Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
Stocked coffee, snacks and candy bar
Pizza parties and team lunches
Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge