We create high-performing platforms and apps for our clients and our own products. Join our team to work on interesting technical challenges.
Whitespectre is a product development company that creates high-performing platforms and apps, both for our client partners and our own products. Founded in 2014, we're a team of 70 smart and diverse architects, engineers, product managers and designers, working together remotely and growing. We're proud to have played major roles in fueling our clients' businesses- a mix of high-growth start-ups and large established companies.
In this role, you’ll work within a fast-moving cross-functional team to solve interesting technical challenges and drive real business growth at scale. Our company toolset includes Rails6, Postgres, Elastic, REST/GraphQL, CI/CD with Docker, Heroku/AWS, ReactJS, Typescript, Webpack etc. Automation and working smartly is important to us; dynamic environments spin up with new feature branches, slack bot integrations control our production releases.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design to make code modular and maintainable for the future.
- Designing new architectures and advocating for your design decisions to other team members.
- Understanding how code translates to DB queries and know how to optimize
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect-free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
You must have...
- Have worked in teams where you contributed towards technical decision making
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience using Agile Methodologies in a remote team
- Availability to work full-time within a fast-moving cross-functional team, working 11 am - 7 pm Central European Team
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
What do we offer?
- Interesting challenges: We’ve done everything from scaling high-performance backends, building beautiful (but complex) user interfaces to low-level bluetooth communication with hardware devices.
- Competitive rates: This is a contract position with a long-term outlook (12 months+ full-time projects).
- 100% Remote: We've been proudly and successfully remote first for over 8 years
- Impact: Our delivery teams are fast-moving, highly collaborative, and own products end to end- your thinking and contribution make a big impact!
- Great environment: We provide a great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people.
- Career progression: We want you to grow with us and provide the opportunities, knowledge sharing and mentorship to do that.
- Work-life balance: love your work, but know that it doesn’t take over your life.
- Paid Meetups: Come meet with your colleagues in Barcelona or at a local meetup.
The candidate must live outside of the US. Please no recruitment agencies.
Why is it good to work with us?
Because we work on great projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems, and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor