You will be the technical point of contact and team leader for implementing new features across our entire product.
Occupier helps commercial tenants make better real estate decisions that drive the operational needs and growth of their business. We recently raised $5M from leading proptech VCs and are scaling our team rapidly to execute on our product roadmap.
An unprecedented convergence of major forces is upending the traditional norms of commercial real estate, creating an immediate opportunity for innovation in a multi-billion dollar market.
- As of January 2022, all companies issuing US GAAP and IASB financial statements are required to comply with new standards.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has forced companies to completely rethink their use of real estate, both near and long-term.
The current state of lease management software, consisting of off-line work and legacy tools that are 10+ years old, is ripe for disruption.
Occupier aspires to be the platform where all commercial real estate decisions are made, facilitating the access to data and collaboration required by all stakeholders that require it.
Our team’s unique combination of commercial real estate (JLL), proptech (VTS, ProCore, WeWork), and management consulting experience (Boston Consulting Group) positions us to understand and execute on the problems facing our customers.
We are looking for passionate, team-oriented professionals to join the Occupier team as we scale coming out of our recent raise.
About The Job:
We work on a broad range of features across the full stack. Your work will include:
- You will be the technical point of contact for implementing new features for our users that touch all areas of our product.
- You will lead a team of junior engineers
- You will work with Product management, UX and junior engineers to refine and iterate on specifications as the features takes shape.
- You will interface directly with users to quickly squash bugs as part of our regular customer support rotation.
- You will seek to understand the domain, user personas, problems they face, architecture of our product, and product road map
- You are pragmatic, an excellent communicator, able to break down large problems into smaller ones, anticipate problems before they happen, and enjoy pair programming and mentoring junior engineers
- You have the skills and experience to lead a team of engineers
- You are comfortable anywhere in the tech stack
- You care about code quality, style and process
- You care deeply about the user experience
- You love to learn, humble enough to admit what you don't know
- You are self motivated - can work effectively without direction
- 5-10 years of professional web development experience.
- 2+ years of production experience in React (Vue, Angular, Ember, etc.).
- Experience modeling complex relational database schema
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Have worked at a startup previously
- Have mentored junior developers and led teams
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range of $150,000 - $200,000
Remote work considered