Octo is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of enterprise appli...
Octo is seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of enterprise applications utilizing Ruby on Rails, ReactJS and/or React Native and related technologies. While a member of a dynamic agile delivery team, the candidate is expected to build, test, and deploy applications, enhancements or microservices for existing applications on their own utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD), Lean, and XP methodologies. Candidate will be responsible for full stack development including creating and executing SQL queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. The Senior Developer will facilitate technical and architectural workshops and design sessions, as well as mentor other developers.?
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development.
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems.
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements.
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities.
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Strong progressive experience in the Software Development Field
- Demonstrated experience with?Ruby?as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience with?Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber?and?Selenium?to enable strong TDD processes
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline using?Jenkins?and other associated technologies.
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired
- Understanding of and Passion for developing Ruby Best Practices
- Mentor and lead other developer teammates on best practices and coding standards
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of?SQL?statement optimization/tuning
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Experience working in?Agile?and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience:?AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef,?Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), OpenShift
- Version control experience:?Git, Github
- Agile Lifecyle Management tools experience: i.e. Leankit, Jira, Rally, etc.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Experience at USCIS
- Public Trust at USCIS and/or DHS
- Certification: Certified Scrum Master (CSM)/Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Experience with?ReactJS?and/or?React Native
- Demonstrated experience with?Jest, Enzyme Flow/Typescript?and?eslint
- Master?s Degree or 15+ years of experience preferred
Clearance:? MUST BE US CITIZEN
Location: Washington DC preferred, possibility for Full Time Telework