Healthcare data is waiting. Almost 80% of a patient’s information is locked inside unstructured data. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Health Fidelity’s powerful NLP engine works to create a more holistic view into patient populations. Getting these critical insights into a community’s health status offers numerous benefits, including the keys to improve a patient’s health.
Our mission is to improve the quality of care and reduce the overall cost of healthcare by making the decision-making process more data driven. Our products will have an impact on the national healthcare infrastructure, as well as patients’ quality of life.
About the Job:
You will be joining the technical team responsible for the design & implementation of a multi-tenant SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) platform that is transforming healthcare in claims risk adjustment space. The entire platform runs on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and leverages Big Data services for batch processing such as AWS EMR, and other enabling AWS services.
As a member of the engineering team, your primary responsibility will be design and implementation for Health Fidelity’s payer and provider solutions. Your ability to autonomously & proactively drive in all aspects of development is a critical requirement.
- Contribute as a member of an Engineering team to understand product feature requirements.
- Responsible for producing exemplary quality & scalable code and delivering features on-time.
- Work within an agile environment and contribute to sprint deliverables including design, coding, review, testing and automation tasks.
- Design for operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, etc.
- Maintain excellent communication with other parts of organizations outside of engineering to foster good collaboration on resolution of operational issues.
- Proactive autonomy aligned to business needs with minimum supervision is critical.
- Understand and interface with our existing NLP (REVEAL) and Inference (DISCERN) systems.
- Ability to take business requirements as input, transform them into software solutions and deliver those solutions.
- 5+ years of experience working on a professional development team including delivery of client/customer facing application/s and support of live production systems.
- 5+ years of experience with software development using Ruby / Ruby on Rails.
- 5+ years of experience with other programming languages, such as Java, Scala and/or Python, and related frameworks/libraries a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in developing with relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Experience developing in healthcare IT, either working for provider or payers, is a huge plus.
- Experience developing using AWS services beyond EC2 & RDS is huge plus.
- Experience with automation of build and deployment processes is a plus.
- Ability to autonomously install, configure, administer, upgrade, and troubleshoot all software needed for development & production.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited institution is a plus.