thredUP is the world's largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has...
thredUP is the world's largest fashion resale platform, inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. The company has spent the past 10 years reinventing resale, building a marketplace and infrastructure now poised to power the $50B resale economy and usher in a more sustainable fashion future. Millions of consumers use thredUP as the easiest way to sell their clothes and shop over 35,000 brands at up to 90% off - online, in stores or via "try-before-you-buy" Goody Boxes. Backed by world-class investors, thredUP designed a resale engine that has redistributed nearly 100 million unique garments from closets across America and is now powering resale for the broader fashion industry via its Resale-As-A-Service (RAAS) platform.
About The Role
At thredUP we're revolutionizing the clothing industry, and we want your help to design and evolve applications that build the backbone of our company. From image-processing and real-time prediction systems, to distribution center automation and workflow-management, there are a huge number of challenging and fun projects on the horizon that you can make an impact on. We are also devoting significant time towards decoupled services, machine learning, continuous integration, and scalability.
• Proficiency with Ruby and Ruby based frameworks (Rails, Grape, Sinatra)
• Proficiency with at least one front-end JS framework (We use React/Redux)
• Exceptional track record in delivering quality engineering solutions at different levels of the stack
• Strong experience in distributed systems design and best practices
• Strong experience with continuous integration, test automation, and monitoring
• Ability to work on a cross-functional team touching different parts of our core services
What We Care About
• Trust, responsibility, proactiveness, self-learning
• Analytical mindset geared towards incremental data driven improvements
• Building scalable and flexible systems utilizing best engineering practices
• Writing clean and maintainable code with solid test coverage. Looking for leverage in improving testing
• Setting realistic estimates and effective communication to technical/business stakeholders
And in return, you'll have
- The opportunity to make a massive impact & influence outcomes for our business and customers alongside passionate coworkers
- Autonomy. The ability to make, own, and carry out decisions
- Competitive salary, equity and full benefits (health/dental/vision insurance & 401k)
- Work from anywhere Tuesdays and Thursdays (what we call Maker Days)
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Flexible Time Off
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we believe diversity is key. As a diverse and inclusive workplace, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Everyone is welcome - be you