The Senior Ruby on Rails Developer within ZipRecruiter Engineering team supports the architecture, design, development, and deployment of applications, API services, and client integrations for the ZipRecruiter white label job board platform: JobBoard.io.
We're a small and nimble team inside of ZipRecruiter with our own independent web application used by media companies, associations, recruiters and more to power their own branded job boards.
You'll have the opportunity to write code across our full stack, while having a close connection to our customer base. We are constantly listening to our customer base with the goal of solving their problems and making their businesses successful.
Here are some of the types of challenges we're trying to solve:
- How should we tackle rebuilding our ecommerce flow?
- How can we implement a flexible Single Sign On (SSO) framework?
- What can we do to improve our platforms SEO?
- How might our platform respond to a 10x increase in traffic?
We're looking for someone who is:
- A self-starter who is willing to take a task from gathering requirements to deployment and maintenance
- Able to work effectively with both collocated and remote teams
- Comfortable working independently and is able to escalate problems when necessary
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Eager to learn and able to understand and apply new things relatively quickly
- Willing to mentor and guide fellow team members kindly and constructively
Your Experience Should Demonstrate That You:
- 5+ years in Software Development
- Have solid production Rails experience (3 - 5 years minimum)
- Are knowledgeable of best practices, but can balance that with pragmatism in order to deliver against business goals
- Are able to write code that is intentional and readable - meaning a colleague would be happy to pick up and dive into your code
- Are comfortable with the RSpec test framework
It Would Be Really Outstanding If You:
- Have significant experience in more than one programming language
- Have attained a four-year degree
- Have worked on a SaaS platform and/or enjoy direct customer interaction
- Have professional experience with deploying Rails applications, especially in a Heroku or AWS environment.
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
- Opportunities for advancement as our young startup grows
- Very competitive salary
- Generous bonus plan
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthy snacks
- Local gym discount
- Attractive paid time off policy - Open/Flexible vacation policy
ZipRecruiter is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. This organization uses E-Verify.