* Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Senior Ruby / Rails Developer will design...
- Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Senior Ruby / Rails Developer will design, build, implement, and test automation software systems with a goal to providing rock-solid process automation tools using Rails, Docker, and AWS
- The ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that support business functionality as well as the underlying infrastructure required to run and deploy those solutions. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experiences with Amazon Web Services and continuous delivery systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience supporting teams as they implement the solutions that you build. We operate using Scrum and Kanban, so experience using Agile methodologies to deliver software is important. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The wide array of experience at all tiers of traditional deployment architectures (UI/Services/Data).
- Write clean, concise Ruby code, infrastructure as code, and test automation.
- Help teams design and build their CI/CD infrastructure and test automation.
- Provide personalized support to the internal customers of the tools we build and maintain.
- Be an automation evangelist with our customers, development teams, and stakeholders.
- Expert Ruby developer who values simplicity and readability.
- Experience using React.js or similar
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket), SonarQube, and AWS
- Experience with RESTful web services design, development, and automated testing
- Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like NewRelic
- Experience using branching workflow in Git.
- Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. rspec, cucumber, or watir)
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud-based environment using Docker.
- Working knowledge of node.js or Python3 a plus
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, or Ansible in the production environment a plus
- Management of continuous integration systems like Jenkins or AWS Code
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS, or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience with full stack development with Rails.
- provided by Dice NETWORKING,Ruby,Rails,AWS,Infrastructure,Docker,CI/CD