Award winning Venture Studio needed to evolve our platform and scale it to hundreds of thousands of users, and shaping the future of project...
Award winning Venture Studio needed to evolve our platform and scale it to hundreds of thousands of users, and shaping the future of project management for software teams around the world. You objective would be to lead the members of the Infrastructure Team to solve performance, stability, scalability and technical debt challenges.
What You Will Be Doing
Our customers are smart cookies: some of the best teams at companies like Imgur, NASA, Microsoft, Docker, and Zenefits use our platform to stay in the zone. Ideal team members are technical enough to get their hands dirty and product-focused enough to help translate customer requests into product features.
- Foster a culture of growth, innovation and ownership on the team.
- Architect new backend services to help us scale for the future.
- Solve challenging problems, such as caching and keeping up-to-date GitHub data.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflow.
- Identify ways our technical stack can improve, prioritize them with the team, and make them happen.
What You Need for this Position
Bonus Points If You Have The Following
- Proven experience building backend applications in a fast-paced environment from the ground up.
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages.
- Has a strong ability to influence without requiring reporting authority. Identifies technical problems before they arise and executes plans to avoid them.
- Has expertise in designing and scaling web APIs and other backend services.
- Has proficiency with Ruby, NodeJS or other popular server-side programming languages.
- Has recent experience with Ruby on Rails, Express or other web frameworks.
- Has experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis and other types of data-stores, and why they should and should not be used for a given problem.
- Has experience with designing and optimizing data models that are easy to understand and fast to query and update.
- Consistently stays on top of new backend trends, methodologies and best practices.
- Communicates well; works well with others to improve the product every day. Can collaborate with the marketing, product, frontend, and design teams to move the product forward.
- Experience building browser extensions or user scripts.
- Experience with deep third-party API integrations (eg. GitHub).
What's In It for You
Base salary $160,000-$180,000 + bonus + tokens
Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
So, if you are a Senior Ruby Developer with experience, please apply today!Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : JH9- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Jackson Hufferd - Sr. Executive Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.