Description Linux Academy is seeking a Senior Ruby Developer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn th...
Description Linux Academy is seeking a Senior Ruby Developer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team.
Senior Ruby Developers at Linux Academy are responsible for developing back end Ruby code used to evaluate end user test results, as well as integrating our lab test software with cloud technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, and Azure. This team is active in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including performing proof of concept work with new cloud technologies, maintaining Ruby code, planning code releases, managing branches and tags in our code repository, and release testing against dev and stating lab environments. Some responsbilities may include:
Develop cloud integration software
Develop and maintain our test library
- Develop integrations with 3rd party API s using published Ruby SDKs.
- Test API integrations against live cloud environments.
- Use published SDK documentation for developing our integration library, and to determine methods for evaluating cloud environments.
Software development lifecycle planning and implementation
- Write test code for individual assessments and lab tests.
- Develop and maintain a library of integrating code and methods of evaluation.
- Test our software library to ensure that assessments and labs are graded properly.
- Work to find solutions in unique or edge-case situations.
- Maintain knowledge of cloud computing best practices related to specific vendors (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc..) as necessary for developing test software.
- Maintain code releases by publishing versioned branches and maintaining Ruby gem versions.
- Work with instructors and content team members to determine requirements.
- Maintain cloud environments for testing and development.
- Write code using Linux Academy and Ruby best practices to ensure software maintainability.