Ascend Learning; LLC () is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers i...
Ascend Learning; LLC () is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
NursingCE.com is a new ecommerce website that helps nurses maintain their licenses by providing them with online continuing education. Based in Manhattan, we and work out of the office of our sister company, BoardVitals. Were a brand of ATI, an Ascend Learning company.
We are hiring for a full time Lead Software Engineer - Angular/Ruby to join the team.
This is a very fast-paced environment where you will carry a significant amount of responsibility. The role is a mix of building new features while also helping us scale through a very fast growth ramp.
Were a brand-new website (launched in Dec 2017), a tabula rasa if you will, so this is an opportunity to help build something from the ground floor on up. With that said, and given that were a small team with a runway, there is a lot of room and opportunity for you to grow in this role.
- Working with a product manager to prioritize company needs
- Driving site architecture decisions
- Developing new features to scale
- Maintaining an active testing suite as well as a strong QA process that the developer will be personally responsible for
- Managing and maintaining an active codebase
- Responding quickly to changes
- Maintaining 100% site uptime and proper backup and redundancy procedures
- Managing usability, user testing, and feedback loops
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Preferred
- 3+ Years of Development Experience
- 2+ Years of Ruby on Rails Development Experience
- SQL experience preferred
- Prior system architecture experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to be a team player
- Previous direct ownership of a successful product
- Strong technical and interpersonal references
- A passion for education and healthcare are important
- You get stuff done
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.