Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Job Title: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Category: Application Development
Career Level: Senior
Industry: Web Mobile Based
Seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. Primary responsibilities include constructing tested models, libraries upon which we can deliver high quality releases. You enjoy and excel in a high pressure, low structure entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- 7+ years Ruby on Rails RoR 4.X or higher developer that can build large scale web applications and conduct performance improvements of existing and new components.
- Strong Ruby on Rails 4.X or higher and MVC frameworks
- Object oriented programming, functional programming, TDD test driven development, software design patterns, web services and distributed architectures
- Team player who enjoys to share knowledge
- Self starter who likes to solve problems
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills, very detail oriented
- Git, GitHub
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Familiarity with OOD, MVC and Agile methodologies are desired but not mandatory
- Previous experience working on large data sets is preferred and programming best practices
- Able to learn quickly and easily adapt to a wide variety of programming challenges
- You work really well as part of a team
- Highly organized time management skills - you're able to juggle multiple priorities at once
- A passion for constant improvement - always looking to do things better (both personally, as part of a team and for the company)