Spinrilla is seeking a Senior Rails Developer to become an integral part of our growing team. You will be responsible for l...
Spinrilla is seeking a Senior Rails Developer to become an integral part of our growing team. You will be responsible for leading the development of our Rails application and its accompanying API from its current form through the product roadmap. You will be directly involved in engineering and development decisions to help improve the platform and help achieve our company goals. You should be a creative, experienced, and motivated developer who wants to help scale our product suite.
An ideal candidate is autonomous, proactive, and has experience working in a variety of different languages. We admire developers who take initiative, make their own decisions and implement them clearly. Front-end knowledge is also a bonus.
Our web stack consists of Ubuntu, PostgreSQL, NGINX, Unicorn, and of course Rails.
- Analyze user needs and develop an appropriate solution
- Work with the team to meet specification needs
- Recommend necessary upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Construct a UI using provided wireframes & assets
- Write unit tests
- Deploying the application to various environments
- Strong experience developing, shipping, & maintaining Rails applications
- Vast knowledge of Ruby
- Experience with git and multi-person development workflows
- Comfortable with Agile methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Passionate about web technologies and coding the right way
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Join a great company that is growing fast and with the right work / life balance. Spinrilla is an established player with millions of loyal users. Our mission is to democratize music distribution and make authentic high-quality music accessible to the public. We understand the value of music and are focused on restoring power to the artists.
We're not a fancy Silicon Valley company. We're focused on building a world-class product for music lovers. Our people are our greatest asset, and we have a dynamic and engaged team working full and part-time. We are a flat organization, where everyone has input into the development of the business. We are a bootstrapped and profitable company. We like to move fast and ship often.
Our office is located in the heart of Midtown close to two MARTA rail stations.
Join us and help shape the future of music.