About the Job
* Collaborate closely with a lean Agile team of software, QA, and DevOps engineers and product managers to manage the full so...
About the Job
* Collaborate closely with a lean Agile team of software, QA, and DevOps engineers and product managers to manage the full software lifecycle including requirements, architecture, algorithms and QA
* Design and develop features, services, components and web user interfaces for AutoGrid Engage product.
* Assist DevOps in troubleshooting product issues in production and demo systems
AutoGrid organizes the world's energy data using Internet scale, secure cloud-computing to process the petabytes of information produced from an increasingly networked and automated electricity grid. AutoGrid employs Big Data analytics to generate real-time predictions and implement programs for electricity generators, providers, grid operators, and their customers to optimize utilization of assets across the grid. AutoGrid Engage is the only customer engagement software with the advanced analytics to make the most of customer-owned DERs.
* Experience building elegant user interfaces and workflows from scratch
* Extensive hands on experience with the following technology:
* Experience visualizing data or generating charts/graphs
* Solid understanding of Ruby on Rails, data structures, coding standards, best practices, software design, architecture.
* Passionate about developing high-performance websites by leveraging current profiling tools
* Structured and strong in producing semantic markup and clean CSS
* Experience with cross browser compatibility and testing using frameworks like Jasmine
* Being able to write thorough unit testing (Cucumber, etc) with high code coverage
* Self driven, motivated
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with Agile / SCRUM methodology for product development
* Proven ability and desire to deliver projects on time with high quality
* Experience in designing and developing large scale, distributed enterprise business solutions
* BS, MS, or Ph.D. in computer science or related field
Nice to Have
* Message queueing frameworks (Rabbitmq, Kafka, AWS SQS)
* Big Data Technology: Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Map Reduce, Spark.
* Experience with Amazon Webservices
Benefits and Perks
* Collaborative, close-knit environment in Redwood Shores
* Working with a really smart and fun group of people on solving BIG problems for a GIGANTIC industry
* Competitive salary with equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance (PPO, HMO options)
* 401(k) and Flexible Spending Accounts
* Brand new Macbook Pro, dual monitors and all the development tools that you want
* Flexible hours
* Easy parking
* Catered team lunch everyday
* H-1B visa transfers welcome