Our technology helps senior care providers close the feedback loop with their employees and the seniors that they serv...
Our technology helps senior care providers close the feedback loop with their employees and the seniors that they serve so they can make better decisions and provide better care. Today, our survey and analytics platform supports the voices of over half a million employees, seniors, and family members at over 4,000 locations. Now during the pandemic, we're helping senior care providers understand their employees' and their seniors' needs as they face unprecedented challenges. We're a close-knit remote team that cares about working hard to do good in the world, while also making sure that we can all live balanced lives. As our user base grows, we're looking for an experienced engineer to join our team to help scale our platform and expand our product offerings. We're using data to transform the aging experience of our parents, our grandparents, our loved ones - and ultimately, for ourselves. Come join us!
We are seeking a self-motivated, experienced software engineer to serve as a technical lead on our remote engineering team. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a small, hardworking team where everyone is invested and cares about doing well, by doing good. You'll spend 60% of your time working hands-on to build new features and products (focusing on back-end and architecture), 20% using your past experience to help scale our codebase as our user base grows, 10% fixing bugs, and 10% providing technical mentoring to engineers on our team. About the team: You'll be joining a small, but mighty remote engineering team based in the US and in Europe. We have a flat structure and do continuous deployment where each engineer deploys their own work to production at any time and is responsible for what they deploy. While we move quickly and focus on outcomes, we're invested in PR review as a process and care about quality and standards. Our core stack includes Python, Django, Graphql, React, Typescript, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and Drone.
- As a Senior Lead Engineer you will:
- Be in the code helping build new features and fixing issues.
- Own the strategy for scaling our codebase as our user base grows.
- Do PR reviews and give constructive feedback to other engineers on the team.
- Help problem solve and figure out solutions when teammates are stuck.
- Drive short and medium term engineering strategy and planning.
- Support teammates as they architect new products and features.
You should have:
- 6+ years of full stack experience on production web apps using web frameworks (Django, Rails, etc.)
- 4+ years experience using Python and Django
- 2+ years experience using GraphQL
- Scaled software to support 10,000s daily active users and a database with 10s of millions of records.
- Experience using React (in the past 2-3 years), bonus points if you have experience with Typescript.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Drone or Cloud Build.
- Hands-on dev ops experience at an early or medium stage startup, bonus points if you have experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, and GCP.
- Ability to balance focusing on output and meeting business needs with maintaining code quality.
- Interest in providing technical mentorship to a team of motivated peers.
- Passionate about software development, you do this because you love it.
- You love the small team startup environment and working hard and fast to have a big personal impact.
- Thrive when working remotely.
- Based in the US - can work hours that overlap with 9-5pm EST