Looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to expand our product line, improve existing products, and build the next generation of Litmus tools
What's it like to work in Engineering at Litmus?
You'd work alongside a team of smart, curious people working on challenging problems. We're reflective about how we work, and strive to create a thoughtful, authentic culture. Most importantly, we're supportive of one another; we work as a team to enable each other to do our best work.
We're also strong believers of using the right tool for the job. We lean heavily on Rails and the traditional request/response web lifecycle for most of our work. That said, we reach for component frameworks like Vue when there's a clear benefit, and we've implemented full client-side MVC/SPA when the product demanded it.
We give our team members the time and space to learn and apply these and other tools correctly. We share our knowledge with each other on a regular basis through pairing, PR reviews, and team talks.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- You have a well-founded understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails. We won't limit to ‘x’ years’ experience, but you should be able to impress us with your app building skills, confident use of Ruby and Rails, and understanding of web development. We're happy to introduce you to the other technologies we use.
- You are experienced but maybe early in your software engineering career. This is equally an opportunity for both our senior team to actively mentor and support you, but also for you to bring a new and fresh perspective to our team as we continue to grow.
- You know how to build things from start to finish. You can identify a need, understand its impact, and seek out and work with others to deliver a well-crafted solution in a team environment—asking for help when needed.
- You have good communication skills. As a distributed team, it’s important that we're able to understand each other, verbally and in writing, connecting at the appropriate level of abstraction. You communicate clearly and with empathy, whether you’re discussing refactoring options with a developer, or working with a designer to understand user experience.
- You write clean, thoughtful code. Our code is the home that we live in every day. You enjoy putting effort into crafting understandable and well-tested code, to make everyone’s shared development experience more enjoyable.
- You are eager to collaborate, learn and teach. Our Engineering team is friendly and supportive of each other, and we look for opportunities to learn from each other’s experience.
What is the hiring process like?
Our hiring team reviews all applications. We communicate with candidates at every step of the process, letting them know if we'll be moving forward, and what they can expect in the next phase.
- Initial interview: A relaxed Zoom call where you’ll meet the hiring team, learn more about Litmus and this role in particular, and give you an opportunity to tell us a little about yourself.
- Live Coding Task & Technical Interview: We’ll provide you with a base project and ask you to work through some set tasks. We’ll also take some time to discuss technical topics.
- Final round: Opportunity for you to meet some of our engineering leaders and the rest of our Rails team over Zoom!