Guideline is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our expanding engineering team.
Guideline is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will be joining a distributed team of 40+ including remote employees and employees based near our offices - San Diego, CA; San Mateo, CA; Austin, TX; and Portland, ME. As a Full Stack Engineer on a pragmatic and agile team, you will build upon our growing line of products that bring the possibility of a safe retirement to more people. This role is open to any of our office locations or remote US.
Guideline wants everyone to arrive at a safe, secure retirement, whether you’re a small business owner, an employee, or self-employed. Our platform leverages technology to take the complexity and doubt out of retirement planning. The first product we launched was Guideline 401(k), which now has over 20,000 clients and has saved Americans over 4.5 billion dollars to date. Now, the team is utilizing our latest round of funding to broaden the functionality of our core product and expand into new products so that everyone can invest in their financial future with confidence.
- Bring modern software solutions to an antiquated financial industry using your expertise of building full stack software solutions.
- Build elegant software from the ground up by creating user interfaces, utilizing message queuing infrastructure, streamlining operations and designing systems architecture.
- Work with a group of passionate technologists to help automate administrative tasks and build unique solutions to solve our users’ problems.
- Lay the groundwork for further expansion into other financial services past 20,000 customers.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience building consumer-facing software products
- Strong fundamentals in at least one backend programming language (like Ruby, Python, Go, etc.) and one modern frontend framework or rendering library (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Working knowledge of relational databases, designing APIs, and security lifecycle best practices.
- Familiarity with or desire to learn how to run modern distributed systems environments built with Kubernetes, Docker, and GCP
We understand that not everyone will be an expert in all of these areas on Day One. We value people with grit and a growth mindset and will consider someone with the fundamentals who is willing to learn and further their skill set.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.