OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive ...
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
About the Senior Full Stack Engineer Role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you'll build best-in-class SaaS solutions that enable efficiency, transparency, and accountability within government agencies. You'll be a key member of our engineering team, delivering new features and improvements in a fast-paced, agile environment using modern technologies.
Having a keen eye for good API design, scalability, and micro-service architecture will help enable your success in addition to your ability to develop new UI features and functionality using modern tech such as React and Redux.
We value self starters with the ability to communicate ideas effectively and contribute to OpenGov's culture of respect, dedication, and fun. We value clean code, principles over dogma, and making the world a little better everyday.
• Ship critical customer use cases for Budget and Performance products
• Working in a small development team to maintain current and implement new features in Ruby on Rails for an application that often has over 10k concurrent users
• Write high-performing, maintainable code while iterating and shipping rapidly
• Collaborate with stakeholders across Design, Product Management, and Engineering
• Delivering iterative improvements to realize a product vision on schedule
• Replace legacy components with smaller, easier to maintain microservices
• Significantly refactor legacy Ruby code to improve code maintainability and efficiency
• Develop new UI features and refactor existing code using Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, NodeJS, PostgreSQL and Redis
• Develop and document REST APIs
• Consume and publish events via our Data Platform
• Improve performance of existing systems
• Configure monitoring and alerting systems
• 4+ years of professional experience and track record of developing high-quality scalable code using Ruby on Rails in a small, agile team
• Experience building SAAS software or heavily trafficked consumer facing software
• Solid OOP and software design knowledge
• Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
• 3+ years delivering software using an agile methodology (Scrum ideally)
• Experience with cloud-native software delivery (including containerization)
• Successfully built APIs, architected database models, and event driven patterns
• Solid SQL experience
• Java experience is a plus
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and !
» Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Quadruple growth with 2,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!