About The Opportunity
Our Platform Engineering team includes 30+ contributors spread across five teams: Design, Mobile, Platform, POS, and W...
About The Opportunity
Our Platform Engineering team includes 30+ contributors spread across five teams: Design, Mobile, Platform, POS, and White Label. We take pride in the utility of the products we have built and the craftsmanship of their implementations. On the Platform team, we embrace a flat hierarchy and pair junior developers with more senior mentors. Small pods often form to tackle high-priority projects, all of which benefit from thorough testing and code review.
Curious about current projects?
Here are some of the challenges that drive development for the Platform team:
- How can we improve the security of our systems without placing extra burdens on end users?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
- How do we keep our development cycles fast while improving reliability?
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
What you can pick up by working with us:
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- UI/UX design skills
- Mentorship of junior developers
You Should Have
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern Back End web framework like Django or Rails and a Front End framework like AngularJS or React
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web service APIs
- Experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
- Distributed version control experience with Git
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
And Of Course, Perks!
Free weekly Grubhub credit for lunch on the platform
A never ending amount of coffee Beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that's constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
Charitable Matching Program
Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)