We are looking for an experienced Ruby developer to join our team.
Tribute Technology is a technology-driven company that provides content management systems, business process systems, websites, and e-commerce solutions exclusively for the deathcare industry. Tribute Technology is continually investing in research and development and innovation to provide funeral homes with the technology, they need to efficiently run their businesses, increase their revenue, and stand out in a competitive marketplace.
Our team is seeking a talented, innovative, senior software engineer who is excited to work in a rapidly evolving environment delivering high-quality updates to our industry-leading solutions on a consistent and frequent basis. We practice agile development, techniques, and technology, as well as write scalable, maintainable, secure, efficient, and elegant code.
You will join a collaborative and highly cross-functional team to maintain, enhance, and extend our products. We are looking for candidates who have a true passion for technology, a proven ability to contribute to a team of developers, and who enjoy continually sharpening their skills. You will ensure our products have high quality and performance that meet or exceed our customer and corporate needs, objectives, and expectations. You will be instrumental in the delivery of our products that make raving fans. This is an opportunity to work in a rapidly evolving environment where you will contribute very significantly to Tribute Technology’s phenomenal growth.
- Play a key role in the evolving development of existing software platforms
- Assist/mentor other team members in learning and knowledge transfer
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs.
- Develop full-stack solutions for SaaS and eCommerce Applications.
- Create back-end and front-end automated tests to support the stability of your features and functionality.
- Focus on app usability, scalability, stability, security, and performance
- Work closely with other members of the squad to deliver quality code within sprint commitments
- Perform code reviews, guidance for less experienced developers, and other tasks as needed
- Solve customer issues and provide technical support for the solution
- Communicate features and improvements to necessary teams, including marketing, sales, and customer success
- Collaborate with infrastructure, customer support, quality assurance, and others
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilities
- Experience with at least one front-end framework such as EmberJS, Angular, or React.
- Strong Experience with Ruby
- Experience developing software hosted on an AWS platform and/or migrating software to an AWS hosted environment is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze application issues to identify the root cause
- Innovative, resourceful, passionate about creating high-quality, high performance and highly available software
- Willingness to learn new technologies and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodology or similar development processes required