Experis - A Manpower Company is engaged with one of the technology clients. We are looking to help our client to identify Senior Engineer Ru...
Experis - A Manpower Company is engaged with one of the technology clients. We are looking to help our client to identify Senior Engineer Ruby on Rails. It's a Full Time Opportunity. Great company to work with!!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading the incorporation of new features to our newly rearchitected and most popular product.
- Serving as the Sr. developer and team lead in the technical development of our other real estate and map-based information products.
- Solving challenging problems working with massive datasets that include crime statistics, schools, lifestyles, neighborhoods and more.
- Working in an Agile environment writing code and tests you can be proud of.
- Keeping existing products up-to-date with the latest technologies, architectures, and standards.
- Advise other parts of the business on technical capabilities and options.
- Working alongside a nimble, cohesive engineering team
- Collaborating with PhD Geographers and Statisticians to create new, disruptive products
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years designing and implementing complex, data-heavy web applications
- 2-5 years' experience with Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL / relational databases, AWS
- Experience with design and building Web API development
- Experience as a small team leader, tech-lead or similar role
- Self-directed time management, documentation and communication skills
- Proven, effective ability to work with others
- To be passionate about your craft and entrepreneurial in thinking about how engineering can solve business problems
- DB: PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Redis, MySQL
- Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Github, Chef, Puppet
- Continuous integration, Version Control Systems (configuring Jenkins, Semaphore)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual
An ideal candidate would also possess:
- Experience or exposure to Agile/SCRUM is ideal
- Experience HAML, SASS
- Data mining experience