This position is 100% remote.
We are once again supporting a fast-growing company in Austin who is looking to bring a talented Senior Softw...
This position is 100% remote.
We are once again supporting a fast-growing company in Austin who is looking to bring a talented Senior Software Engineer onto the team.
They offer an innovative retail solution; an alternative to shopping through websites and apps and streamlines the process of finding the right product to fit a consumer's needs. They believe their solutions are the future of the mobile & ecommerce market place both for B2B and B2C transactions.
Reporting directly to the CTO, this Senior Software Engineer will be developing the technology that scales its product offering, and the company overall. The solutions you will create will allow the company to engage with users through effective and personalized channels that utilize AI and language models informed by their adaptable database. All of this, of course, coupled with a flawless user experience, with the goal of ultimately offering a "zero friction" solution for allowing users to find the exact products they need.
This person will be central to building new web services, building backend real-time event-driven APIs and services using Node.js and/or Python and/or Ruby, designing and implementing API methods, system improvements, and collaborating directly with the CTO, Data Engineers, and AI/ML experts.
driving the creation of the technology that rapidly scales our product and organization. As we are building and scaling our messaging architecture, we are aiming at zero friction user experience for our customers. The solutions you will create will allow us to engage with users through highly optimized and personalized channels that utilize AI and language models informed by our conversational database. You will have the opportunity to build a team of backend, data, and ML engineers to design architecture that will be the standard of future commerce messaging systems. You will be central to building new web services, designing and implementing API methods, and improving the performance and reliability of our systems, while working closely with the CTO, data engineers, and AI/ML experts. You will be working within our current system built on Node.js, Vue.js, and MySQL so expertise in these areas is desired, but experience with other common web languages (such as Python or Ruby) and NoSQL databases is also a huge plus. We are looking for someone that understands that simplicity and reliability are aspects of a system to be carefully calculated with every decision made.
This will be of interest if you:
- Are interested in building high-performance data pipelines, analytics, and data integration
- Have a passion for cloud engineering
- Are interested in building Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions, and learning from ML & AI pros
- Love building scalable solutions and dealing with challenging Back End issues
- Thrive working across teams and enjoy collaboration with leadership, product, and design teams
- Have the ability to analyze and optimize efficiencies in high-traffic applications
- Passion for designing intuitive, real-time APIs
Experience and skills you bring:
- Professional experience in cloud engineering (especially ====P at large-scale)
- Experience building, testing, and deploying REST APIs
- Deep knowledge of real-time messaging service platforms
- Experience with Node.js, Vue.js, MySQL, and NoSQL (Python and/or Ruby experience would be a huge plus)
- You possess strong computer science generalist fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Experience with functional or imperative programming languages - e.g., PHP, Python or Golang
- Any experience with mobile messaging apps, chatbots, high-velocity data systems, AI, ML would be a huge plus as well
- A fully remote position
- Equity options in addition to your salary
- Full health benefits package
- provided by Dice