We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in our product Balance.
Our Industry: Where we play
We sit at the intersection of technology and life sciences. As the market leader, we drive change into clinical trials by providing the (IOHO) best clinical development platform, enabling our clients to improve the accuracy, timeliness and ease of trial planning, data collection, and data analysis -- resulting in safer, more effective, and less costly treatments that reach the general population sooner.
We are publicly traded (MDSO), have upwards of 500 clients, retention rates above 99%, and support more than 10,000 clinical trials around the world. Every employee is passionate about our mission: powering smarter treatments and healthier people. The difference technology can make in the space is world-changing.
Medidata is looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to design, enhance and implement new features and functionality in Medidata’s Randomization and Trial Supply Line Management (RTSM) Service - Balance.
Balance is a mature, single-instance, multi-tenant web application supporting hundreds of clinical trials. Our application is built with Ruby on Rails, uses a MySQL database and is hosted in AWS. Our front end uses HTML, CSS, jQuery, AJAX and BootStrap. As an engineer on Balance, you'll be challenged both to develop new features in response to market demand and improve the performance and scalability of the application to meet the rapidly growing user base.
As a Senior Applications Engineer you will have the opportunity to work as an individual contributor or as a technical lead of a team of developers, based on the size and scope of a feature.
● Design and enhance features for a large-scale service environment using OO principles with a
deep focus on performance, scalability, quality and extensibility
● Full stack development, including APIs, using Ruby on Rails
● Embrace test-driven development with complete code coverage and continuous integration
● Provide diagnostic support and fix bugs for service features
● Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements
● Work with Agile team members, particularly Software Quality Assurance and Product Management, to write clear, concise and comprehensive feature files
● Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
● Share your knowledge and experience with a highly motivated and collaborative team in regards to code reviews, software designs as well as all other engineering and business aspects
● Proven technical leadership regarding feature design, enhancement and implementation within a single instance multi-tenant service environment
● Ability to solve complex problems and provide solutions that can be applied optimally in a service environment
● Strong cross team collaboration skills
● Effective communication skills to relay technical information to various cross functional teams and clients
● Effectively execute processes associated with the software development life cycle
Your Education & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree required; or equivalent years of experience
● Extensive experience supporting an entire stack built with Rails
● Experience with SQL optimization and database schema design (we use MySQL)
● Experience with Git
● Experience designing and writing unit tests, step definitions and scenarios to maintain a high level of code coverage and quality standards
● Experience working with Agile methods such as Scrum preferred
Our Culture: Who we are
We know that creativity doesn't happen on-demand. Developing cutting-edge cloud technology takes
great minds and talented people working together in a collaborative environment. That is why we are
committed to fostering an innovative, agile company culture. We encourage our teams to come
together and experiment with new concepts, research new approaches and test out new technologies.
We believe that being part of our team will make a difference in the world.
Our Mission: Powering smarter treatments and healthier people.
Our Vision: To be the most innovative cloud company in Life Sciences.
Our Principles: Integrity, Partnership, Inventiveness, Humility, Nimbleness, Tenacity, Inclusiveness,
Our Leadership Drivers:
● THINK: Inspires purpose, articulates strategy, and simplifies complexity
● TEAM: Communicates effectively, builds relationships and collaborates with others
● DO: Plans ahead, scales for growth, ensures accountability
● LEARN: Self-aware, values difference, strives to learn
● TEACH: Inspires work, coaches others, builds teams
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Questions? Click apply to learn more.