Come work for a Top 100 Workplace! Experience the fun of working in the entertainment industry at Canterbury Park - home to live horse racin...
Come work for a Top 100 Workplace! Experience the fun of working in the entertainment industry at Canterbury Park - home to live horse racing every summer and year round action in our Card Casino, Racebook and Expo Center.
Canterbury Park offers competitive pay and benefits for FT & PT employees; including PT PTO and holiday premium pay. Employees also receive free live racing admission, perks of special events and a variety of local & Canterbury Park discounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision: Required Qualifications:
- Greet all guests politely.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and welcoming work environment.
- Keep guests at a safe distance from the bridal path and out of controlled areas.
- Open ropes/rails for horses and riders as they are escorted onto the track.
- Close ropes/rails once the outriders come back inside.
- Accommodate company vehicles entering/exiting the track.
- Observe horses closely and be prepared to react to rearing horses quickly.
- Read daily Group Sales Forecast and Canterbury Park promotions/events information and relay that information to guests.
- Assist in enforcing outside food and beverage policy.
- Ability to pay extreme attention to surrounding environment due to the safety sensitive part of the job.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact with guests and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park s pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Previous customer service experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include nights and weekends during the live race season May September.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk and run throughout their assigned shift.
- Performs frequent wrist and hand use.
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.