Our client is seeking a smart, successful Ruby on Rails Senior Developer (employee role) with AWS, microservices and API experience to devel...
Our client is seeking a smart, successful Ruby on Rails Senior Developer (employee role) with AWS, microservices and API experience to develop web, distributed and Big Data systems. You will have the opportunity to learn Scala, put it to use and enhance your career portfolio.
As a successful Ruby Developer you have many job options available to you. Here is why this opportunity is unique and warrants your serious consideration-
- You will be part of a new team of Chicago-based Software Developers. Your technical skills, intelligence and opinions are needed as a brand new development operation launches. How refreshing (and exciting)!
- You will be using the latest tools and frameworks- the entire tech stack is built in-house. Your technical skills will expand and your future career will benefit.
- You will receive the opportunity to learn Scala and use it on new development projects. Again, your technical skills will expand and your future career will benefit.
- You will advance your agile experience by using the Spotify Tribe Engineering Model. This unique agile scaling method will enable your squad to achieve goals quicker and change your mindset.
- The saying, Culture eats strategy for Breakfast , is indicative of your new employer. Are you ready for a corporate culture upgrade in your career? You will find a move to innovation, self-driven experimentation, creativity and constant learning a powerful boost to your life.
Some of your tasks will include:
- New development of web, distributed and Big Data systems
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions- your viewpoint is meaningful!
- Bring creative solutions to the team- creativity and experimentation are valued here
- Help define the development environment and processes
- Dive in to learn Scala and put it to use as you develop new systems
- Mentor junior Developers
If you are excited by what you ve just read and have the experience shown below, we want to talk to you. Apply Now to schedule a confidential conversation to learn more details about this career changing opportunity. Take action now.
- Ruby on Rails development
- Java / JVM software development
- Development in cloud / AWS environments
- Strong communication skills- listening, speaking, writing
- Please note: We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time.
- Containerized deployment
Please reference job order #17753 when applying for this position.
- provided by Dice