Let companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring software e...
Let companies apply to you, not the other way around. Sign up with Hired to get access to thousands of companies currently hiring software engineers.
Want to work for a company you love?
Are you a Ruby Software Engineer? Software Engineers continue to be one of the most exciting and in-demand developer jobs available. Engineers code websites or applications on both the server and the client-facing side. It is a role that fuses both creative and practical concerns, as these engineers are responsible for everything the website user encounters, including scrolling functions and graphics, as well as creating the logic, database interactions and server configuration on the application's backend.
In addition to programming the various features of client-side and user-side applications, software engineers are expected to upgrade and maintain both the back and frontend as needed. As new technologies emerge and platforms are expanded, the role will likely transform to suit these changes. Responsibilities
- The development and maintenance of client-side and server-side applications.
- Working with other web developers as well as marketing teams and engineers to ensure the right look and necessary features are included in your work.
- Designing tests that will be implemented to keep software functional.
- Stay on top of expanding technologies and engineering trends.
These Would Also Be Nice
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- An adroitness with SQL, Ruby and Java for backend programming
- Building and accessing databases with NoSQL and Node.js
- Understanding the ins-and-outs of HTTP protocols, developer tools, SSL certificates and web application architecture
- Keeping track of changes made to code with Git version control system
- Good communication skills
- Thriving as a member of a team
- Understanding the needed technology for web development
- Keeping business needs in mind
- Wanting your work to appeal to clients
- Having the desire to continuously grow and learn